The survivor pathway is primarily a guide for anyone wanting to know more about specialist sexual violence services.
Choose your area here:
- Bristol Services
- Bath & NE Somerset (BANES)
- North Somerset Services
- Somerset Services
- South Gloucestershire Services
The guide will:
- Make it easier to access relevant support for every victim / survivor of rape or sexual assault
- Give survivors more informed choices about the services available
- Reassure and assist professionals and concerned others about the services available for survivors.
What can this pathway do for you?
The pathway is designed to help the survivor or the supporter to consider options, ensure safety is paramount, reflect on what could be useful and provide information on how to access services.
Anyone who has experienced rape or any kind of sexual assault or abuse at any time in their life needs to be involved in decisions about what happens next, to be informed enough to make their own choices and to have as much control as possible over their journey.
The pathway was initiated by Somerset and Avon Rape and Sexual Abuse Support – SARSAS (formerly Bristol Rape Crisis). SARSAS are responsible for making sure the information is kept up to date.