Kinergy is a professional, confidential counselling service for survivors of sexual abuse and/or rape. We understand how sexual abuse and rape can affect all areas of your life and we aim to provide you with a safe, accepting and supportive environment so you can come to terms with the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.
Our values are:
- Our clients are at the centre of all we do and guide our strategy and practice
- We will be non-judgemental and respectful of our clients and each other
- We will strive for excellent quality and performance in our service delivery
- We will act with integrity and strict confidentiality at all times
- Evaluation is fundamental to our practice
In support of these values, Kinergy has clients from across the whole spectrum of the community, including those in prison, in a young offenders’ institute, and otherwise involved in the criminal justice system.
Kinergy is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and our team of 24 counsellors consists of 19 volunteers and 5 paid counsellors. All of our counsellors either have, or are working towards, a BACP accredited Diploma level qualification.