Safe Link (ISVA)
Safe Link offers sexual assault follow up and empowerment for any victim of rape, sexual assault or abuse.
Victims can be seen in their own homes or locations near to where they live. Comprehensive assessment of needs and risks is carried out. A holistic support plan is drawn up to include:
- A safe place to talk about what has happened
- Confidential advice and support to victim and their family
- Help with benefits and housing issues
- Support attending Sexual Health Services
- Help with medical attention if needed
- Support with talking to employers
- Reporting it to the police if that is what they want to do
- Support with going to court
- Group work (Peer Support)
- Help with claiming compensation
- Finding Interpreters if needed
- Signposting and referrals to follow up services
- Referral to counselling services
- Gender: Men, women and transgender
- Age: Any, including children
- Location: Bristol, BANES, Somerset, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire
- Case type: Non-recent or recent
In line with our Confidentiality Policy, all information is considered to be confidential and will not be disclosed to a third party without the consent of the victim except under certain circumstances where serious harm may occur to the individual or others if such information is not provided.
Not without the prior consent of the victim.
All ISVA’s (Independent Sexual Violence Advisers) have undergone accredited CAADA ISVA training. They are also required to attend continued and comprehensive training as part of the ISVA role.