(formerly Bristol Rape Crisis)
Who do you work with?
- Gender: Women and girls. Young men and boys aged 13-18 years in Somerset. We offer an hour of support on the helpline to men and boys and will help them access other more specialist services.
- Age: 13+. Under 13 we will signpost to Childline, Children’s ISVA or the Greenhouse in Bristol
- We also offer support for caring others (e.g. family members, carers or friends) who look after a young person aged between 13-18 years who is currently receiving a service from SARSAS in Somerset or has done in the past.
- Location: BaNES, North Somerset, Somerset, South Gloucestershire
- Case type: Recent or historic
SARSAS offers specialist trauma counselling in all the localities other than Bristol. We are a specialist support service for anyone who has experienced sexual violence, at any point in their lives. Go to our main page for information detailing all of our services including helpline, face to face support and e-support.
Confidentiality StatementYou will never have to tell us anything you do not wish to. We will not share information with anyone outside SARSAS without your permission. If you wish us to speak to someone else (eg. another organisation to help you access other services) we will need your consent. Confidentiality may only be breached if:
- someone is at immediate risk of serious harm
- we believe children may be at risk of harm or neglect
- we are subpoenaed by a court of law.
If we believe it is necessary to breach confidentiality, we will make every effort to involve you in the decision.
Will the police be told if someone uses the service?
No. SARSAS is independent from the police. We know how important it is for women to feel safe to talk and know that they can be in control of who they tell and when. We will support anyone who wants to report to the police and anyone who chooses not to as well.
Male and/or female staff?
All female staff