- We provide free counselling and support for survivors of abuse and addiction. Our long-term counselling supports survivors who have experienced recent or historic abuse, including sexual, physical or emotional abuse, domestic violence or neglect.
- We also offer a unique counselling service for survivors of abuse who currently have an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Our Nexus counselling focuses on becoming more stable, reducing someone’s drug or alcohol intake and provides practical strategies to help deal with anxiety, depression and flashbacks.
- We provide group work for survivors through pre-counselling and post-counselling groups. A Family Support Group takes place every week for people who support someone with an addiction to drugs or alcohol, or who are affected by someone else’s addiction.
- Our community-based projects, such as Active Recovery, offers activities to help survivors develop their self-esteem, confidence and peer support networks.
- Gender: All Genders
- Age: 16+
- Location: Our sessions take place at the Southmead Project and are open to anyone living in Bristol and its surrounding areas. Our Nexus counselling also takes place at outreach locations across Bristol.
- Case type: Non-recent or recent
We offer a confidential service, and we will only breach confidentiality if there is an issue of child protection or significant harm to self or others. Under these circumstances we will make every effort to involve you in the decision. We abide by the Code of Ethics of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy – www.bacp.co.uk